Contact Us! Contactez-Nous!

We are an exclusively online shop and are therefore always available to respond to your questions/concerns!


You can easily send it in to us for assay and valuation - nothing is melted until your express consent and approval are received. Higher value items can be sent with FedEx label including insurance.

Most of our items are hallmarked, but every single piece is double and triple checked using an x-ray spectrometer to ensure the precious metal content is authentic.

Yes! If you are unhappy with the item received we happily accept returns (less postage).

At this time we can only facilitate local pick up or drop off, we can neither accommodate nor afford (frankly!) a large retail space in Toronto.

I thought you'd never ask!

If you're talking about Silver:

Typically "925 Sterling", which means that 92.50% of the item has been made from silver, the remaining 7.5% other base metals.

"800" or any of the other various amounts, like 813, 835, 850, 875 also represent relative percentages as to how much silver is present: 80.0%, 81.3%, etc...

Normally the odd numbers are quite old European marks. However, Egyptian jewellers typically make their silver wares at 80.0% or 90.0%.

If you're talking Gold:

24 carat (k) is pure gold, so if you see a marking for 14k, that represents 58.33% pure gold; the remaining being other base metals (or silver!). The easiest way to determine the percentage of gold is to take the carat and divide that by 24: 14/24 = 0.583333 or 58.33%

As such, the following can be determined:

8k = 33.33 gold

9k = 37.50% gold

10k = 41.67% gold

12k = 50.00% gold

18k = 75.00% gold

22k = 91.67% gold

24k = 100% gold

If you're thinking platinum or palladium:

The vast majority of time jewellers only use 80% to 100% in intervals of 5% points. Typically being 85% or 95% platinum and palladium jewellery. This can be determined by markings such as "95 PT", "85 plat", "100 pd" etc...